Oct 17, 2012

I'm Random and I Know It

Let's talk about random awkward moments for a moment, shall we?

That awkward moment when you're all like "Hey, I've got a lot of extra cash right now, I think I'll spend almost $200 on some Pink concert tickets for a birthday gift." and then two days later you find out you have to have a root canal that is going to cost $500. Awesome.

And then, instead of making that appointment for the root canal, you called to schedule an appointment with the hair dresser instead. My teeth may hurt but dang if it I'm gonna let my hair look bad.

How about that awkward moment when you high five the husband for doing the dishes last night while you are are working on a book report with the kids and you didn't even ask him to....and then you get said dishes out of the dishwasher and they STILL HAVE FOOD ON THEM?? Do men not know how to rinse dishes? Don't they know that you have to clean the dishes before they go in the dishwasher?
Awesome.
{I still super love you for doing it though Husband, and I don't take back my high five!}

That awkward moment when you decide you will watch The Walking Dead with your husband because he absolutely loves it but it scares the crap out of you. And then, as if you weren't already on pins and needles, your daughter {like 2 hours after going to bed} semi-sleepwalks into the living room and you think she is a zombie.

That awkward moment when your daughter says "I found pictures of you on the internet today." ummmm, what?! "Yeah, I just googled your name." {Thank goodness she just meant she found my blog.}

Which leads us to, that awkward moment when your 9 year old starts reading your blog....now I have to censor my thoughts a bit.
Awesome.

That awkward moment when every SINGLE time you log on to facebook, someone new is annoucing being knocked up and you are a tiny bit jealous because you aren't. And then you find out that your husband's dog is now knocked up.
Awesome.

That awkward moment when you are reading a series of vampire books and you are so into them that you decide you want someone to bite you on the neck.
Did I really just admit that? Awesome.

That awkward moment when your 4th grader has a math problem that you can't figure out. And you have two college degrees.
Awesome.

That awkward moment when your child has a book report and you really just want to tell her to go to bed and you will do it for her.
{If you are their teacher and you are reading, I didn't actually do this. #eventhoughIwastempted}

That awkward moment when your daughter asks what breast cancer is and you tell her it's a disease in your boobs....and you hear her go back and tell her sister: "it's not in your breast, it's in your boob!"
#FHthoughtthiswashilarious

That awkward moment when you celebrate Boss's Day with a potluck and your boss is off that day.

Okay, I guess that's all the awkward things that have happened to me lately, but it is an hourly thing so I'm sure there will be more.

Happy Wednes- {I need a freaking vacation}-Day!



Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. haha! I am prioritizing my hair appointment over several things right now also, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol this post is awesome! hair appointments are SO much more fun than root canals!!! No worries on the math problems, math is not my strong area either :-P



    http://braceface87.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stumbled on your blog. Totally cracked me up. fellow twin mom of girls- funny to see everything I have to look forward to as my twins are only 15 months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I'm just now getting read up on blogs....Will October ever end for us down in reports!!!!

    I am so stinkin' excited about PINK! :)

    Bite me PLEASE! I do love that series you're reading.

    And your girls are a complete HOOT!

    Thank you Jesus it's almost Friday!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete